Provides schematic design information to Group Leader, such as main and intermediate telecommunication.
2. Provides designs for low voltage systems including security, AV, tel/data, etc.
3. Incorporates design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with project team to produce construction documents.
4. Directs Entry Level/Design Engineers and reviews their work.
5. Mentoring of junior staff, including Entry Level/Design Engineers and Co-ops.
6. Prepares and develops specifications.
7. Participates in company-wide special projects (BIM, Standards).
8. Participates in trade coordination including electrical, power, and lighting designs.
9. Provides complex design work, major services, mechanical rooms, etc. Produces sketches and systems schematics for complicated design tasks, such as layout of telecommunications rooms
10. Construction Administration: Attends construction meetings and produces observation reports. Participates in final shop drawing reviews. Provides construction inspection and RFIs. Provides punch listing and/or review
11. Forecast hours needed to complete projects
12. Selects details, which will be used on projects.
13. Documents existing conditions and performs troubleshooting.
14. Provides code research and evaluations. Researches non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
15. Stays well-informed of latest technologies and design trends.
16. Prepares addendums and change orders. Initiate additional service requests and turn over to PM for submittal to client.
17. Reviews contractor cost estimates.
18. Provides value engineering.
19. Participates in trade QA/QC. Reviews drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
20. Although this role involves low-voltage design, successful candidate will assist in design of power and lighting systems.
21. Markets F&T's low-voltage services to clients.
Required Candidate profile
2+ years design experience with MEP/Consulting firm
2. 4-6+ years overall experience designing audio/visual, security, and telecom systems.
3. Bachelor of Science in Engineering required.
4. FE, PE, and/or RCDD Preferred. LEED is a plus.
5. Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and must understand CAD/Revit operations.
6. Peer reviews low-voltage work of other designers.
7. General knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical system design.
8. Must be capable of working within a project team as defined in the F-T functional model.
9. Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
Keeps current on the "State of the Art" in their design specialty through review of periodicals and in continuing education.
Perks and Benefits
best in the industry
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Architecture / Interior Design
Functional Area: Engineering Design, R&D
Role Category: Engineering Design
Role: Design Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent